Sunday 29 June 2014

Tiny Cakes 1:48, Super Tiny Strawberry Cane + Gifts from Drora, Victoria and Jennifer

Hi everybody!! I haven't been posting on my blog for a while now and as the last things I made were gifts for friends, I couldn't' really post about them!! Other than that, I'm back to work and I don't have the same free time I had before. Still, I try to follow my friends on their blogs and sorry if sometimes I answer late, very late!! I've also tried to set up an Etsy shop to sell felting needles with handles made by me and that too, took some time from my already very little time!!

Anyway, here I am with some more gifts to show you and some little things I made. I know Jane of Minifanaticus was going to set up a 1:48 Bakery and I though to make some cakes for her to use in her scene. This was my first time working in such a small scale and I have to say that I have a new found respect for people that work in this scale.....difficult!!! As I needed some decorations for these cakes, I decided to shrink a strawberry cane that I made more than 1 year ago. I was wondering how small I could go with this cane and this is the result:


The strawberry on the left is 1:24, while the one of the right is the 1:48. I have to say that I am amazed at how well the clay keeps the details, even at such super small scale. I could pull the cane until it started to break and still, I could pull those broken pieces to make even smaller strawberry slices.

This is the cane that it became 2 mm large after reducing and reducing and reducing. I have to say that I really like the fact that the details are still there, very clear to see.

I also made this cake holder that maybe it's a bit too big but Jane can confirm if I made it too large for the 1:48 scale. Anyway, I made this with a bead cup, some card board and some lace that I stained with a silver pen.  

These are the 3 cakes I made and I can't stress enough how difficult it was to work with this scale...it's almost impossible to handle these tiny things and you need a LOT of patience!! But surely, it was worth all the effort as the smaller, the cuter, for me!

And now, I want to show you the gift I got, not just for the gifts but for the wonderful miniatures that these friends made. I'll go by chronological order as I received them.
First is Drora that some time ago sent me this wonderful mini scene made entirely by herself. 

I can't tell you how small everything is.....like, very, super, small!!!! The dog is super tiny as everything else like the flowers, the meat on the grill and all the rest. I think she worked with tweezers because you can't handle such super tiny items!!!

I put a pin here, to show you how small the scene is...... Drora, thank you so much for this very lovely scene.


Then I got some gifts that I wasn't really expecting and she caught me by surprise.....I'm talking about Victoria of Miniaturas de Victoria. Victoria won one my giveaway and very kindly she sent me some gifts back. These for me are "special" because they remind me of Italy, especially the city where I came from.
I can't describe the amount of details that are in each and every piece she made. Everything looks very real and it feels real!!! The pots seem made with the same materials real pots are made and even the soil on top of them, seem real soil!! Same thing for all the ceramics and veg she made. And the little stitched picture is just darling and super small. I don't think I could stitch at such a small scale. Anyway, she told me that in the real picture there were 1 boy and one girl and she changed the boy to look like a girl to represent me and my sister....how lovely is that??? Very thoughtful and I really appreciate that!  

Here are some close up of the veg she made, the plant, the bowl and the stitched picture. I always loved her plants and veg and every time I saw one on her blog I wanted it!!!...... and I can't believe I now own some!!!! I do feel lucky!!

And here is a close up of the plants...look at those bulbs....look at the soil and look at the details on the pots....and the flowers are so tiny that to be so well made you surely need some skill!! Thank you Victoria for such lovely gifts!!


Last but not least, are gifts from Jennifer from Plushpussycat blog.
Ehhhmmmmm............yes......a lot of gifts!!!!  :) :) I received such cute, small, pink, well made items from this lovely friend and I was shocked when I saw the size of the package......I was pulling out stuff and they were....never ending!!!  :) :) SF set, ReMent Hello Kitty set, stickers, fabric, ribbons, cabochons, pens, erasers, stamps, tape, washi tape, Sanrio chewing gums.

These are the super lovely items she made. I love her super clean book, the gloves and the sponge, the cookie cutters, the wonderfully yummy cake, the pink cream, the thermos, the cookie mix in a jar and the so lovely bunnies and chocolate bars!!!! I really love each and every item you made Jen!! They are so cute!! 

And here is a close up of the super yummy cake she made and look the tiny spoon on the cookie mix jar...I can tell you that the spoon was carved on a toothpick......yes, you heard it!!! I just, simply love it!!! Thanks to you too Jen for the gifts, but most of all for your friendship that I cherish so much and you know.

I want to thank all of my blog friends for being so caring and always interested and I wanted to thank again the lovely ladies for their fantastic gifts.
I hope to post soon some more updates on my wool house. I finished the roof and all its tiles some months ago but as I have been doing other items, I haven't had enough time to do it all!!
Hugs to all of you!!

















40 comments:

  1. Hola Simona: Me he llevado una gran alegría al ver tu actualización en el blog. Te echaba de menos y me alegra verte de vuelta.
    Me sorprende mucho como puedes ser capaz de hacer cosas tan perfectas en un tamaño tan reducido, no imagino lo difícil que puede ser manejar esos tamaños tan minúsculos. Pero tu haces todo como si fuera fácil.
    Te felicito por los bonitos regalos que has recibido de tus amigas, entre las que tengo el honor de encontrarme, y si mi pequeña aportación te ha gustado, me siento muy satisfecha.
    Te mereces todos los regalos que te hagan porque eres toda generosidad y dulzura.
    Espero seguir viendote por aqui.
    Un abrazo fuerte
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful, wonderful gifts Victoria!! Everything, from the largest to the smaller piece of garlic, look so real that I can't explain. I think it's very very important, fundamental, to get the colors of reproductions of food or other items, right. If you don't get the color right, then the miniature will loose in many ways. You always get the color right, the shape right and everything else!!! When I hold those miniatures in my hands, they do seem real, just mini!! I love the picture of the 2 girls for the meaning it has behind. I loved that you thought of us and did it to represent us.
      I've only met you recently in blogland Victoria, but I feel I gained a real, fantastic, rare, wonderful, thoughtful, giving friend! You really didn't have to, you won your item, but still, you made and sent something, something so dear to me because it reminds me of Italy and because it's made by you, which I admire as a person and artist. I do feel richer just because I own some of your minis Victoria!!
      Bigger and stronger hug back at you!! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Where do I start?? Firstly a big well done to you for having a go at such a small scale, you have done amazingly well! Your cakes look perfect!
    Secondly, Wow! So many gifts, and all of them gorgeous! Drora's little scene is so cute!! I love the little dog and the flowers must have taken forever to make! Victoria has sent some stunning dishes, I love the pattern on them, she must have such a steady hand! The vegetables are incredibly realistic, you can almost taste them! Jennifer always makes the most fun things you could possibly have, and so much of it!! The chocolate and candy are making me hungry, and the little book is gorgeous!
    There was so much stuff there I think I need a lie down now..☺
    Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) :) Your post made me laugh at the end Brian!! :) Do you know what?? I needed a lie down just after taking pics and writing about them....there was a lot of work to do!! :) :) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Hello Simona! WOW, what an amazingly tiny cake and those tiny strawberries........they are so so so very tiny, this is fabulous work :D!
    You have received so many and absolutely wonderful miniatures, made by the talented hands of very kind and generous blog friends, enjoy it all!!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW I said it at your post, at the tiny clothes you made for the boy doll.....Did you sting yourself many times with the needle while sewing?? I can't imagine not doing that seen that I could see everything in my hands but the cakes I was making!!! Such tiny items disappear in your hands and you hope for the best when working with them!! :)
      Hugs back at you Ilona!!

      Delete
  4. Mi linda Simona, eres tan adorable!!! espero que te hayan llegado mis fotos por email, me encanta saber de tí, y estoy deseando ver tu casa de lana!! Los regalos son todos maravillosos, reconozco que el de Victoria lo conocía, fue ella quien me pidió tu dirección y sabía el hermoso detalle del cuadro con tu hermana, espero que ella esté bien. Disfruta tus tesoros, te quiero un montón amiga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhhhh!!! That's how Victoria knew about my home address!!!! I was wondering how, because when I sent her the package, I put another address, so I couldn't figure out how she knew!!..... well, know I know!! :) :) Thanks Esther!! I love the pictures and I can't believe that other than being a great artist at making miniatures, you also are a fantastic painter!!! Wow!! I was looking at the pictures over and over again. All fantastic! I'm sure all the guys at the school loved them and what a great end of season, admiring such wonderful pictures.
      It's nice to see your picture around and I'm very happy of seeing you here!!! Big hug Esther!!

      Delete
  5. Hello Simona it is good to see you posting again :) Wow your tiny cakes are awesome. They look so delicious and real. Wow congrats on all your fantastic gifts. The scene from Drora is wonderful the tiny dog is so cute. Victoria's gifts are gorgeous. I love the picture it is amazing. Jennifer sent you lots of fantastic gifts. I love the yummy cake and the tiny spoon is amazing. Enjoy all your wonderful treasures from fantastic generous thoughtful friends.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Doesn't everything just look great?? I really feel so blessed and lucky of receiving such treasures and most of all to have such wonderful friends!!
      Hugs to you!

      Delete
  6. So great to see a post from you, Simona! Your tiny cakes are extraordinary. Jane must have been in seventh heaven when she received them. I adore Drora's mini scene, so whimsical and sweet. The birdhouse, grill with sausages, and grass are personal favorites. Victoria's work looks so realistic it's hard to tell that they're miniature--wow! I'm glad you liked my gifts--it's the least I could do, and it was my great pleasure too. Hopefully we'll hear more from you soon. I'd love to see a mini Etsy shop on your blog's sidebar and to hear more about your shop. I know many of your readers, myself included, are interested in what you're selling. :-) Happy Sunday! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen but I don't know which cakes are best!! If mine or yours!! :) Let's say that they are different and both are cute! Well my Etsy shop is not about minis....I just sell needle felting related items. I do make handles for the felting needles with polymer clay and maybe in the future I will also sell mini things made with wool. Thank you so much though for asking and for the interest!! I will surely post my Etsy shop link on my blog soon. My "soon" might be a few months!! :) :) :) Thanks for your wonderful gifts and your even more wonderful friendship. That one....I can't buy it!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  7. Es increible que hayas hecho tartas tan bonitas a una escala tan pequeña.Tienen tantos detalles a pesar de su tamaño.....
    Los regalos que has recibido son extraordinarios, como las personas que los han realizado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isabel for the nice comment and the visit. Nice to see you here! :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful to see your in writing again hon! I know life gets busy but I am glad you were rewarded in gifts for being such a amazing friend to all of us!

    Your cakes are amazing as I told you, they will fit perfectly and deliciously in the bakery!

    Ahh what can be said about Jennifer, she gift battles better than the rest! She is always a generous and wonderful friend!

    Your gifts from Victoria are simply amazing, I will go read her blog and see her wonderful work!

    Big hugs ~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane!! It will be nice to see the cakes in your (I already know) lovely bakery. I just hope they fit the style and the measurements!! Yes, Jennifer is great at gifting and very thoughtful. I noticed you joined Victoria's blog....well done! She really is an amazing artist! Big hug back at you!

      Delete
  9. Hi Simona! WoW, WoW, WoW!!! Your strawberries are Super small and I have to applaud you for being able to handle such teeny tiny items so well. Your cakes are All Amazing especially the pastel rainbow cake! Excellent work, Simona! The gifts from friends have blown me away! How marvelous they all are and how generous. When I think of how many mini things travel the world connecting all of us to each other .... well, it just puts a Great Big Smile on my face! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth!! To get such a wonderful comment from a real artist (I'm just having fun with it) can only make me feel on the moon!! I always admire your very intricate, laborious, perfect work and I never get tired of coming to your blog to read and see all you do. I completely agree with you on the minis connecting all of us....this is just special and it just adds to the already beautiful hobby that is miniatures. Hugs Elizabeth!

      Delete
  10. Hi Simona, Great to see you posting again. Your tiny cakes are simply fantastic.
    Jennifer is one of the most favorite online friend, especially to me, and her gifts are always generous and thoughtful.
    Victoria's gifts are amazingly perfect in every detail. Victoria is a great miniaturist. I love visiting her blog and seeing her work.
    Glad you like the little scene I loved making for you.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Drora, of course I loved the scene you made for me and I also loved your super cute writing behind the scene!!! It's just a very simple thing but I loved it. Both ladies are very good friends and talented in their own different ways....well I should say really all 3 ladies...including you!! :) Thanks again for your very treasured gift Drora! Big hug!

      Delete
  11. You have received some really lovely gifts from your blog friends and I adore that little spoon Jennifer made. I also love your little 1/48 scale cakes and the wonderfully tiny strawberry cane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Sharee and for taking the time to leave a comment. I'm glad you like my small cakes!

      Delete
  12. Hello Simona,
    Wow, the strawberries are great and the cakes look wonderful. Congratulations on all the presents you got. they are beautiful!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac and thank you for your nice comment! Yes, I do agree with you on my beautiful gifts....of all them are so!! : )
      Big hug for you!

      Delete
  13. What a wonderful gifts Simona, congratulations, all are fantastic! And your tiny cakes are perfectly well made! A big hug and I hope you will come back soon to the blogsphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paky! Thanks for the lovely comment. I'm glad you like them and it's always nice to know what people think. A big hug to you and it's nice to be back!

      Delete
  14. Good to have you back... and with a post that can be summed up in one word: WOW! I can't believe you managed to make strawberries in this scale (although my fluttery strawberry junkie thinks this was wasting time... in his opinion you should have made them bigger... *sigh*) and the cakes you've made for Jane look as pretty and realistic as if they were in "big" 1:12 scale. And about your gifts - you've been spoiled by these three generous and talented ladies. All the gifts you received are breathtaking!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit!! He thinks my tiny strawberries were a waste of time??? ....... Hhhhmmm..... of course!! For the way he loves his strawberries then I do agree with him...I probably wasted my time but at least I know what he likes now....big, BIGGER, juicy strawberries!! Yes, I have been spoiled by those fantastic friends, what can I say?? I'm lucky as many of us are in blogland! :) Big hugs!

      Delete
  15. Wow! What amazing tiny gifts! Blogland is such an amazing place! I know life can get in the way of minis sometimes... but the good thing is that they will wait for you... when you have time they will be there! I should know... I took a 35 years "break"... but I got back to them!
    Your tiny strawberries are AWESOME!!!! There is not as much available for those who work in the smaller scales... Your tiny cakes are Perfect! I have so much to learn about how to work in clay.... I sure hope you can find the time to keep making your wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy!! It's nice to see you here as I know you are busy. I want to have the proper time to come to your blog and read your posts. I probably missed one or two but as I said I want to read them and I need a bit of time. Surely many people are happy of your return, for the things we learn from you and for the wonderful things we see from you and I'm sure you are happy too of being returned to such wonderful people, artists, crafters and most of all, friends! Thanks for liking my tiny strawberries....they are cute!! :) :) You really need to try out to work with clay. Polymer clay is not good just for cakes or food and I'm sure, for that little that I know you, through your blog and your blog posts, that you would love it!! You are so creative that you would find a million uses to it and I can only see good things coming out of your hands working with it.....please try it!! Hugs!

      Delete
  16. Hi Simona,
    It's so nice to hear from you again. The teeny tiny creations are amazing. I have only briefly worked in 1:24 scale for my Marx dollhouses and could not imagine 1:48. Your details on the strawberry is remarkable. I love the cakes too. Wow, such wonderful gifts from friends. I just love everyone that I have met in blogland...such a wonderful place to create and be inspired.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa! I agree with you....there are so many wonderful people and friends in blogland that we can really call ourselves lucky people to be part of this "clan" of miniature lovers that are giving and thoughtful! Thanks for stopping by. Big hugs!

      Delete
  17. This is one post full of minis! Your creations are so cute! The strawberries are incredible! Teeny weeny perfection! I love your cakes! They are so sublime!! All 3 are so beautiful. I couldn't even pick a favorite. I'm sure the cake stand will work out too.
    Drora's scene is so cute! It's a piece that just makes you smile!
    Victoria's minis are so pretty. I just can't resist plants. Especially the ones with the bulb showing. She does incredible work.
    And Jenifer's! Wow! That's quite the haul there! I can't say I'm surprised though. She is so generous and talented. And sweet too! ♥
    I'm super jealous of all the incredible gifts! :P
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, it's so nice to see you here and thank you so much for complimenting my cakes. A compliment like this coming from such an artist like you, it means a lot to me. They all made super cute and lovely items and like you I adore plants. Thanks for stopping by and a big hug to you my sweet friend!

      Delete
  18. You have received so many lovely gifts, you are very lucky =)
    Your strawberries looks great! I think its hard to make strawberry canes =) But you did a great job. I love smaller scales, have to try 1:48 one day, I have only been working with even smaller 1:144 so far (and 1:18 and 1:12) =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tried many scales Hannah! That's good to improve and realize how working with different scales require different techniques sometimes. Thanks for the compliment, I get those in very happily!! :) :) :) Big hugs Hannah!

      Delete
  19. Increíble el tamaño de esas fresas y la perfección con que están hechas!!!! Tus pasteles se ven deliciosos!!!!
    Que cantidad de regalos,son maravillas,eres muy afortunada!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pilar! Nice to see you here and thank you for your lovely comment. I can say I'm fortunate receiving all these wonderful gifts....I agree with you on this!! :) Hugs!

      Delete
  20. Todos esos regalos son una maravilla..¡felicidades! Y esas fresas, tan diminutas, y esos pasteles son ¡perfectos! Me han encantado. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria for your nice comment and for following! I'm glad you like my minis! :) Hugs!

      Delete

I do appreciate your comments and I love when somebody leaves one! :)